Howdy gents. Sooo, what's new with you? Only pretty much everything, right? The novel coronavirus outbreak is forcing us all to find novel ways to adjust. Here at Blackwood For Men, we've always focused on our mission to Cleanse. Restore. Protect. But with COVID-19 concerns, we're also increasing our focus on the antiviral botanicals in some of our products.
These Bros Have Your Back (And the Rest of You)
All our hair and skincare products have natural botanicals, or as we like to call them, BROtanicals (Still waiting for this brotanical thing to take off. C'mon people! Help us be regarded as the visionaries we are! #brotanicals) And each one plays a role in helping to either Cleanse, Restore or Protect. Often, they do all 3 at once. Which is great, because as guys, let's face it -- we like to do a lot in as little time as possible. Problem solve, get it done, move on. That's our jam. And if you could not only get your skin clean, but also repair it and defend it from damage in one simple use, well why wouldn't you? So in that spirit, let's take a quick look at some bros that do it all, including taking on viruses.
What a Body of Work
Let's start with our Pure Moisture Body Wash. It's worth noting here that the CDC says washing your hands and body with any soap will take care of most bacteria and viruses, because the surfactants in soap lift germs away from the skin. The same goes for our Body Wash. But the difference is, many soaps strip your skin, leaving it dry and depleted. Pure Moisture Body Wash, on the other hand (and foot, and everything else) is full of natural botanicals that build your skin up as they cleanse, rather than stripping it down. And studies show they also have antiviral properties, which is a nice bit of insurance these days. Let's break out the microscope for a closer look at how each one helps to both cleanse and restore:
Smells good. Feels good. But Coconut Oil does a lot more than that -- which is good, since it's a top ingredient in our Pure Moisture Body Wash.
- Cleanses: Coconut Oil is mostly Lauric Acid, which is clinically shown to disintegrate virus membranes, inhibit virus replication, and limit viral binding to healthy cells
- Restores: Has fatty acids that moisturize deeply, soften skin, combat acne and help to minimize fine lines
There's a reason this plant has a long and illustrious history as a natural healer. Like Dad, it's prickly on the outside, but soft and nurturing inside.
- Cleanses: Contains aloe polysaccharides that inhibit virus replication and have powerful antiviral and antibacterial effects
- Restores: Absorbs into skin easily to not only moisturize, but also help heal burns and cuts, reduce itchiness and soothe inflammation
This brotanical gives our Body Wash its unique minty feel on your body. It's a wakeup call for your skin and an amazing cooldown after a workout.
- Cleanses: Studies show it is not only antimicrobial, but virucidal against influenza and other viruses.
- Restores: Cools and refreshes skin. Also helps improve circulation and reduce mild pain
You've only got one face, and that bad boy is front-facing all the time. It may also be more sensitive than the rest of your skin. So just that is enough to warrant special treatment. But consider that many doctors also say a key to staying healthy and avoiding coronavirus infection is to wash your face before you go to sleep. So how can you do that effectively, while also protecting and restoring that sensitive mug of yours? How about with our BioNutrient Foaming Face Wash (for dry skin) or X-Punge Foaming Face Wash (for oily skin), which both do the job with a little help from their bros:
Antioxidant-rich natural brotanical packed with polyphenols like EGCG and theaflavin. Revered for centuries for its variety of health benefits.
- Cleanses: Contains catechins and theaflavin that can damage bacteria and virus cell membranes for antimicrobial and antiviral effect. Studies found catechins inhibited influenza viral adsorption and suppressed replication and neuraminidase activity
- Restores: Moisturizes skin, reduces redness, inhibits acne and promotes DNA repair
A straight up skincare superhero, ready to do the heavy lifting in your grooming regimen. No wonder we made it the #1 ingredient in our X-Punge Foaming Face Wash.
- Cleanses: Contains 20 triterpenoids with antimicrobial properties. Studies show antiviral components include glycyrrhizin (GL) and glycyrrhizic acid (GA).
- Restores: Reduces oiliness, fights dark eye circles, limits inflammation, and helps reduce acne scarring and redness.
Straight from the same fruits that single handedly kept sailors going during year-long excursions into the unknown. This stuff does more than just fend off scurvy -- studies show it also beats back dirt, scars, and yes, viruses.
- Cleanses: Found in many kinds of cleansers, research has shown strong antimicrobial characteristics, including potential to inactivate some viruses, like influenza.
- Restores: Evens skin tone, exfoliates, unclogs pores and fights acne scarring
The oil of the Japanese Camellia flower is rich in oleic acid and vitamins A, B, D and E. Its molecular weight is an almost identical match for skin, making it easily absorbed. And the benefits just bloom from there.
- Cleanses: Contains triterpenoids that inhibit virus induction. Also packed with antioxidants for strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Restores: Super-light, non-greasy moisturizer that also protects against sun damage and environmental exposure
Deep Cleaning Without Stripping
Your skin doesn't have to suffer just to get clean. As we've all just learned on this short yet undoubtedly thrilling blog journey together, you can give it a deep cleanse that will also help to restore and protect it at the same time. And you can do it all for a far lower cost, with far more botanicals, than almost any other premium men's brand.